Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Youth Mission Trip - Tuesday

Once again I find myself sitting at Palm tree Books, a little bookstore/coffee shop/art gallery about a block from the church we are staying at. Today, David Godfrey and Alex Stearns are going to share some thoughts about their experiences on the work site today.

David Godfrey:

Well today was a good day, a very hard day, but nonetheless a good
day. There has been a lot of humor on this trip some people have even
started a quote book for all of the funny and interesting quotes on this trip.
I have enjoyed this trip so much because hard work brings people
together. I have gotten to know so many people so much better through
this experience, and met a few new people as well. The work has been
good.


Alex Stearns:
There's alot I can say about this trip but a few things stick out above all
others. You see, everyone is gaining something even if they
don't realize it. I suppose no one can, at the time it happens, realize when
something big is happening to them or changing them. Whether it is
David's discernment process that brought the girls closer
together by sadness, or James becoming part of our group by chance
everyone has gotten something from somebody else. I can't help but feel that
everyone is going to be alot closer by the time this is all
over.

Those are some of the thoughts by two of the guys here with us this week. I don't have time at the moment to upload pictures , but there will be some soon. Tomorrow I also want to talk more about the actual work sites and the work that our group is doing here in FL. We have to run to get showers now before we miss our window. I hope that everyone back home is doing well, and know that we are all safe, working hard, and being stretched in many different ways during this week. Thank you for your prayers.
~ David

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We at home are thinking of all of you and the work you have completed and the work that is ahead of you. This work is hard both physically and mentally but will make all of you better people for the experience. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to see Alex's comments and know he, as well as the rest of the team, are "making memories" and growing in many different ways. I miss you and love you Alex, and am so proud of you and all of the youth who are working hard to help others! I hope this will become one of your favorite "vacation" memories ever! Love, Mom/Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. David...bless you. My heart goes out to you. God has other plans for your life.

    ReplyDelete