Monday, July 14, 2008

We Love You

Yesterday afternoon my inbox was flooded with notifications from this blog that several comments had been left on some of the posts. Every time a comment is made, an email is sent to me just to let me know. When I read the comments I was shocked. Saddened, really. The comments were hateful, blasphemous, and violent. They have been deleted. When I looked at the person's web page, it was dedicated to diatribes filled with hate, blasphemy, and violence against Christianity and the things we hold sacred.

If the person comes back to this blog - I hope they know we love him. So much hate must come from so much brokenness. Our prayers are that you will find healing and hope.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I did not realize that there were those disrespectful people out there who read your religious posts.
    Hope that you all get unpacked before the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why anyone would want to target your blog with malicious commentary. This blog and the parish website present a friendly, non-partisan, and welcoming face to the world. But (in response to threats of violence) we now have airport metal detectors and bullet-proof vests at some large church gatherings. So nothing really surprises me anymore. Don't let a few nasty comments discourage you from continuing to do positive and kindly things!

    ReplyDelete