Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Youth Mission Trip - Tuesday

Greetings once again from New Orleans! Here are reports from Anna Vaughan and Parker Stallings:

Anna Vaughan -
Heyy heyy! Today was a fun filled day here in New Orleans. Today I “flushed wood” and primed a house. “Flushing wood” means you make the wood even to another board and nail it down. It’s not too hard but it’s challenging! We ran out of paint today so we were done early so our chaperones took us to Snow Balls to get snow cones. They were good! The air conditioning got turned off so it was 92 degrees in the girl’s room when we got home. We have chores to do everyday and today we have bathrooms. Not to sure how its going to go but it will be interesting. When we have free time the guys normally play basketball and the girls either join in or watch and talk. We have met some people from the other Episcopal Church from Florida and they are really nice. Even though I am not a member of St. Timothy’s I feel like I am part of the youth! I have had a lot of fun here with everyone, and I will be sad to see this week come to a close. But I can’t wait to get back home to tell everyone the hilarious stories!



Parker -
Today was so hot, high was 101 degrees and 120 degrees on the roof. I was the prince of work, and that means that I get first dibs on the shower. All I did was scrape paint and I was in the air on a tall ladder and I got the whole backside of the house. Right now I’m really bored. Also this blog took me 15 minutes. MOM I miss you. :)


For dinner tonight we had a cook out at a local park. It was a great time where we interacted with several members from the other churches we are working with. Our group had the opportunity to lead the singing for the Chapel service, which was also at the park. As usual. we have ended our day with Night Prayer and a time of reflection on what we enjoyed the most tduring the day, and what we learned during the day.

Will post pictures from today first thing tomorrow morning! It now lights out. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment