Friday, March 6, 2009

Fr. Steve's Morning Email - 3/6/09



This morning I did something that I;ve been putting off. My office computer had at least 150 icons, files, whatever cluttering the screen. Computer folks tell me that when the screen is cluttered and things are not put in their place, the computer gets a bit sluggish.; It's good to clean things up. I think the spirituality in that is obvious. Remove the clutter. Run better.

That's why I'll never omit the Collect for Purity at the beginning of the Eucharist (except when it's called for):
Almighty God, to you all hearts are open, all desires known, and from you no secrets are hid: Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love you, and worthily magnify your holy Name; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

PS: If you want to try something new - Stations of the Cross at 5pm in the Church today.

No comments:

Post a Comment